Saturday 9 August 2014

“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.” - Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

Front Cover
Jasper Fforde - The Eyre Affair 
This is a book I have been looking to buy for ages. I first heard about the book from a friend at university and I asked for it for my birthday last year but never received it and honestly just forgot about it. Then I was on holiday and just saw it lying there on the shelf at the holiday book exchange. I grabbed it immediately and can't wait to read it. The story is about a girl called Thursday Next and she lives in an alternate universe where if characters are erased form a book, they are erased from history. Furthermore, by changing books, you are able to change reality. Now, a master mind evil genius is going into books and kidnapping the characters and holding them to ransom, the first one to go is Jane Eyre. I loved the concept of this book as it is so different and it feels like sci-fi with a twist. Better yet, it is a bit of light reading and a bit fun for the summer. 
What do you think of the concept of the book? 
Lots of Love 
Elouise 

No comments:

Post a Comment